In 2020, the Nordic Summer University will celebrate its 70th anniversary. Reason enough to set up an Anniversary Project! With the support of The Nordics, we aim to give out a call for applications for artists, researchers and others to research into the past and present the Nordic Summer University to the future.
Tracing the spirit of the Nordic Summer University from 1950 to the present and the future is a world-wide community celebration of the Nordic values of trust, equality and openness as embodied by the Nordic Summer University (NSU) which has enabled Nordic-led international collaboration and innovation since the end of the Second World War. Bringing individual researchers and artists from around the world to collaborate in interventions to share the story of NSU, one of the oldest institutions in the Nordic region today which has created nordic collaboration through cross-disciplinary research and international networks. By creating shared knowledge and engagement with NSU, this project inspires the world to embrace this unique spirit that allows for lasting collaborations to improve sustainability, equality and democracy. By tracing the spirit we can document the past, the present and the future in order to celebrate Nordic values in practise.
To manage this project, we are now looking for a Project Manager to take on this exciting challenge from January 2019 until December 2020. We estimate a total of 80 weeks, 5 hours per week.
Requirements and Duties
- Write and organise the call for individual project applications for the Anniversary Project
- Organise and manage the board of coordinators who will be in charge of deciding on acceptance of projects
- Manage the financial side of things, including budgets
- Write external funding applications
- Work closely together with the NSU board (who are all volunteers)
- Instructing and managing volunteers other people involved in the project
- Setting up and managing website dedicated to the Anniversary Project
- PR for this project, including using the Nordics templates and relating to the Nordics message
- Knows NSU
- Proven project management skills
- Not afraid of numbers (knows their way around budgets)
- Experience with writing funding applications
- University degree
- Can work in team as well as on their own
- Experience with working with and managing volunteers
- Experience with PR
- Can write English very well, preferably also one of more Nordic languages
- No 9 to 5 mentality (some weeks will be very busy, others less)
- Depending on the country the person is from, registered as a company or a freelancer, in order to be able to send an invoice to NSU for worked hours without having to enter into an employer-employee relationship with NSU.
- Easily reachable
What we offer:
- Working with a great organisation with a long and proud history, and assisting in making this more known to the general public
- Highly motivated and passionate people to work with
- Work is estimated at 80 weeks, around 5 hour per week.
- We offer around 8.000 euro (59.600 DKK, or 82.000 SEK) per year, for a total of two years.
Please send your motivation letter and a CV by January 31st, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org